Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cotton Candy






I guess most people are wondering why I talk about God so much in my writing’s. Well, I talk about Him so much because He has been a tremendous asset in my life. He has saved me from myself. Even when I make mistakes God is still with me cheering me on to get it right. For example, I had a situation happen wherein I became irate. I completely loss my peace and became offended. After I defended myself I felt justified and terrible at the same time. I knew that I overreacted and acted out of hurt.



So, I asked the Lord to show me my faults and show me through His word how I should conduct myself in a situation where I feel offended or hurt. I ended up reading 1 Peter 3: 10-12 (Amplified), which says: 10 For let him who wants to enjoy life and see good days [good—whether apparent or not] keep his tongue free from evil and his lips from guile (treachery, deceit).11 Let him turn away from wickedness and shun it, and let him do right. Let him search for peace (harmony; undisturbedness from fears, agitating passions, and moral conflicts) and seek it eagerly. [Do not merely desire peaceful relations with God, with your fellowmen, and with yourself, but pursue, go after them!]12 For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with God), and His ears are attentive to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who practice evil [to oppose them, to frustrate, and defeat them].
After reading this scripture I made a decision to repent before God and apologize for my actions to the person that offended me. I realized that I have to pursue peace at all times no matter what the situation is and how I am feeling emotionally. Even though, I was corrected through this scripture I know that God still loves me and I am becoming a better person because of the correction. In Hebrews 12: 6 & 7 (Amplified) it says, For the Lord corrects and disciplines everyone whom He loves, and He punishes, even scourges, every son whom He accepts and welcomes to His heart and cherishes.You must submit to and endure [correction] for discipline; God is dealing with you as with sons. For what son is there whom his father does not [thus] train and correct and discipline?
Therefore, I will end this the way that I began. I talk about God so much in my writing’s because He saves me from myself and continues to save me. He is truly a good God. If you don’t know the Lord, then I implore you to get to know Him. He is gentle like cotton and He is sweet like candy. Taste and see that the Lord is good!




God Bless,
CG
Twitter@CMGlover05

One Sixteen By Trip Lee Feat. KB & Andy Mineo- Bragging about God's Goodness!
Trip Lee, KB, and Andy Mineo are on iTunes!







Scriptures:
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.
Psalm 145:3 (KJV)
O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.
Psalm 34:8 (Amplified)
Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.
Romans 10:9 & 10 (Amplified)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:16 (KJV)


If you like this blog leave a comment and check out these posts below:
Picture Perfect
Inside Out
Just Breathe

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is great Cherie. I have been studying Psalms 34 since yesterday and in verse 14 it states
    " Depart from evil and do good; seek, inquire for, and crave peace and pursue (go after) it!" The Lord told me that it was not enough to just want peace but we had to Seek it, Inquire it, Crave it, and PURSUE IT! You stated above that the Lord said you had to Pursue peace...this is such a good work. We serve an awesome God and I am so thankful that you shared this with me.

    ReplyDelete