Friday, December 28, 2012

Just Breathe







 In the bible it states, 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17, KJV).This means that if I struggle with some things from my past, then I have to understand that I am not that person from my past anymore because the bible says that I am a new creature in Christ. Furthermore, God has given me the authority to overcome my situations and circumstances (Luke 10:19 , 2 Peter 1:3, Amplified). For example, I was writing a paper for one of my classes. While I was writing I started getting anxious. I used to suffer with anxiety before and after I became saved, due to me not knowing what the bible said about this matter (Philippians 4:6 & 7, Amplified). As a result of the anxiety, I couldn’t find the research that I was seeking to add to my paper.

You could only imagine all of the things that were going through my mind, due to being stuck and not locating the information that I needed. My mind automatically jumped into the abyss of negativity. I started having feelings of anxiety, anger, doubt, and my mind was saying that I couldn’t complete the task. I knew that if I stayed on this train to Funky town, then it would lead to grief and self-pity. So, I had to physically shift my mind and jump on the train of the Holy Spirit. I had to start bringing back to my remembrance what the bible said about me. I started quoting scripture’s, such as “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13, KJV) … “I will not put any confidence or dependence on what I am in the flesh” (Philippians 3:3, Amplified) … “I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me” (Romans 8:37, KJV). The bible tells us to renew our minds (Romans 12: 1 & 2, KJV). Therefore, I chose to do as the bible said. With me renewing my mind I found out that the word of God is true and I started calming down.

After the episode took place I prayed and went back to work. As a result of me calming down, I had a clear head and found the research needed to complete my paper. This happened because I made a conscious decision to believe that God was still n control of the situation no matter how I felt. But, I had to start speaking differently about the situation in order for things to change (Proverbs 18:21, KJV). If you are dealing with mental anguish or things that go against the word of God, then know that this is not God’s will for your life. Jesus died on the cross so that you and I can have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10, Amplified). Lastly, the bible also states that where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom, 2 Corinthians 3:17, Amplified). This means that you don’t have to be the victim and succumb to your feelings anymore. God is love and He loves you (1 John 4:8. KJV). So, again if you are feeling overwhelmed or having feelings of hopelessness, just breathe and let God breathe His breath of hope and life into you.

God Bless,
CG
Twitter @CMGlover05!


Check out Lecrae’s video called “Tell the World” by clicking the video below. It is based on the scripture 2 Corinthians 5:17, which states  17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. Enjoy!


Lecrae and Mali Music are on iTunes!
Lecrae Feat. Mali Music “TELL THE WORLD”






Scriptures:


19 Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

Luke 10:19 (Amplified)
   
For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [[d]full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue).
2 Peter 1:3 (Amplified)
Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([b]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
And God’s peace [shall be yours, that [c]tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall [d]garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6 &7 (Amplified)

For we [Christians] are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit and by the Spirit of God and exult and glory and pride ourselves in Jesus Christ, and put no confidence ordependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances
Philippians 3:3 (Amplified)

1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12: 1 & 2 (KJV)

21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs 18:21 (KJV)

10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [b]overflows).
John 10:10 (Amplified)
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).
2 Corinthians 3:17 (Amplified)
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:8-10 (KJV)








1 comment:

  1. This is so true Cheri. I am not surprised that you were able to complete that paper. We often don't realize how much power is in the tongue, but thankfully we have the word to guide us. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete