Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spotlight: Girl Power!




In honor of Women’s History Month I would like to celebrate some phenomenal women that are making a difference in their communities. They are using their gifts and talents to help others. Please help me in saluting them in their endeavors. ~Girl Power!

God Bless,

CG

 Ruth Monereau

I have known Ruth for a number of years now and she is such an awesome person! I love her spirit and drive. She is laid back and down to earth. But, she is also hilarious! She keeps me in tears! Ruth’s major in school is Entertainment Technology and she also works the sound board at church. Due to her passion and commitment, I believe that Ruth will go far in her career. I salute my friend/sister in Christ!




 Donna-Marie
Born in Brooklyn and raised in Queens, New York, Donna Marie also known as 'Travail' or 'Travail Donna D', grew up with a love for entertainment and the creative world. Full of potential and talent, by the age of eight she had received a full scholarship to Eliot Feld’s Ballet Tech in NY, NY.


 There, she trained as a professional dancer for seven yrs and performed in off broadway shows in front of audiences like Kristi Yamaguchi , Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby and danced with the late dance, actor, comedian legend Gregory Hines, dance legend Mikhail Nikolaevich and more. After leaving Eliot Feld she continued to expand and conquer great milestones in the performing arts with her writing, singing and acting.


 Currently, Donna is the CEO of 'D2LAL Entertainment Group' an umbrella company that oversees three other companies. She manages award winning, internationally known recording artist in genres from Hip-Hop to Neo-soul and also continues to write, perform and inspire through poetry/spoken word, public speaking and more. Her faith in God is the center of her life message, her life mantra and her hope which is to motivate as many as possible to LEAVE A LEGACY as she believes she will live out Gods divine legacy for her life. 

Donna, I salute you!


Check out D2LAL's  website!
Email: Donna@D2LAL.com
Website: www.D2LAL.com

Sophonie Monereau



 Sophonie is a “tell it like it is “  type of person. I love her for her realness and honest ways. Even though she is honest Sophonie is considerate of others. Sophonie has a beautiful little girl and she is also a business owner!  She has her own jewelry business called, Sophonie’s Creation’s. She is not only a great friend, but also an awesome mother as well. I salute my friend/sister in Christ! 


Check out Sophonie’s website and purchase her jewelry for friends and loved ones. You won’t be disappointed!


 Sophonie’s Creation’s


 Terri Cann
Terri Cann takes her mandate to spread the Word of God through the arts seriously and credits he Holy Spirit for her deep rooted love of God’s people. Her unique fusion of neo-soul, pop, rock, and hip-hop, enables her to reach the masses and share God’s loving and merciful message of redemption, peace, and joy. Er mandate to service to His Kingdom is also apparent in past work with such projects as Unity, a Christian Performing Arts Center that brings the wisdom and discipline of God to youth and young adults through the performing arts.

 Terri’s journey began at the age of eleven, when she prayed and asked God for a voice that would bring glory to His name. Since then, the Queens native has wasted no time doing just that with upbeat tracks and soothing melodies that inspire and touch the hearts of saved and unsaved alike.

A true worshipper at heart, Terri knows how to worship God in spirit and in truth, seizing each opportunity to not only share His message but also express her gratitude o Him. Her God-given talents have opened many doors for the young and ambitious artist, including opportunities to perform in mainstream productions on and off Broadway including Dreamgirls, A Raisin in the Sun, and Born to Sing, just to name a few. Her performing arts resume is extensive including acting, dancing, choreography, writing, and singing background for other artists. She is also a recipient of the coveted Tiffany Award for “Best Lead Actress in a Gospel Play.”

Her music is real and the transparency of her commitment to fulfilling God’s mandate is apparent in tracks like “The Reality of it All,” from her upcoming album. Bold for Christ, she sings from personal experiences and is unashamed in addressing topics the church seems to shy away from. Her innovative fashion sense and keen business mind propelled her to open Image of RoyalT Consulting Services 2010, offering image and performance services to artist.

 With no signs of slowing down, Terri Cann is excited for what’s in store and the upcoming projects she is currently working on. The best is truly yet to come! 

Terri, I salute you!

 Check out Terri Cann’s website to hear more music!
Download Music at iTunes!

Terri Cann




Alpha Nu Omega Sorority, Inc.

I am a member of a Christian sorority called, Alpha Nu Omega Sorority, Inc. (ANQ). My sister’s and I serve and make a difference on college campuses and in our communities. We are a dynamic group of women who get down to business when necessary, but we like to have fun as well. As a result of joining ANQ, I have learned that I possess some gifts to help others and I have become a leader. I praise God for my sister’s. Sister’s, I salute you!

The purpose of Alpha Nu Omega, Inc. is to present a Christian alternative
to the students and/or faculty on college/university campuses, to minister to the needs of the whole person (spirit, soul, and body), and to promote an attitude of academic excellence among its members.

Check out our website and YouTube Videos to see us minister through Step!


Alpha Nu Omega, Inc.




Angelique Brown


My name is Angelique E Brown. I am a certified New York City Public School Math Teacher for grades 6 to 8. I have also held positions as a fourth grade teacher, math staff developer and math coach. I teach the math component for the Specialized High School Test Prep Program and I also teach the after school 8th grade NYS math test prep. I am the 7th grade leader, a member of my school's consultation committee, and a member of the 8th grade graduation committee.

In 1999, I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Education with a concentration in mathematics and in 2001 my Master’s Degree in Education with a concentration in early childhood from Saint John’s University in Queens, New York. Throughout my college career, I was on the Dean's list every semester and the Dean's National list, and a member of the Golden Key National Honor Society. I received an academic scholarship and the Good Citizen League Scholarship. I was presented with a certificate for volunteer service and a certificate of excellence from the School of Education through Saint John's University.

I am currently in my final stages of my doctorate program through Walden University. I am pursuing my doctorate in education with a specialization in teacher leadership. This is a great accomplishment for me because I will receive a doctorate degree in a field that I absolutely love and enjoy every single day of my life. I am looking forward to teaching at the university level within the next three to five years, as well as being on committees to help improve the mathematics education in the United States.

I always tell my kids that I want them to strive to be better than me in math and in their careers because I believe this is something everyone should desire when helping others. I know I am leaving a great legacy behind for people to remember and for them to strive to do the same for other people.

Angie, I salute you!


IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT IS DOING GREAT THINGS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HERE. I WILL FEATURE HIM/HER/GROUP IN THE SPOTLIGHT ON MY BLOG!

SUBCRIBE TO THIS BLOG VIA E-MAIL AT TOP OF PAGE. ALSO, LEAVE A COMMENT AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS! THANKS!


Beyonce-Run the World (Girls)

No comments:

Post a Comment