Thursday, December 13, 2012

Picture Perfect



Now that I am in my early thirties I have been asked the infamous questions, which are “So, are you dating? ... Are you seeing anyone? ... Do you have a boyfriend? … When are you going to settle down?” My response usually is “I am in graduate school right now, so I don’t have time to think about that or I just haven’t met a nice person yet.” But, my real answer is I am waiting on the right person that God has for me. I am not willing to settle for anything less than God’s best. I know that may sound unrealistic or that my standards are too high. But, I am confident that God will deliver His “goods” on my behalf. Nowadays people aren’t willing to wait for their mate. They usually just want to “mate” with any… thing that comes their way.

In my opinion, this is why there is so much divorce in the world today. People treat marriage like they are buying candy from a candy store.  They go in and see all the different shapes, sizes, and flavors and they purchase the candy that appeals to them. Then, when they get home and unwrap their candy, they realize that it wasn’t the flavor that they really wanted, or the flavor that they purchased tastes terrible. So, they throw it away and get something else another day. This compares to marriage because people who rush in or get tired of “waiting” usually ends up this way. The husband or wife show their true selves after the wedding day and after a while they both can’t compromise anymore or they get tired of one another. All of a sudden the “gift” that they’ve unwrapped from God is no longer a gift, but a headache. So, they see divorce as an escape and they start searching for another mate.

This is why I choose to wait patiently on the Lord to: (1) help me understand what I really want in someone else, (2) prepare for my mate , and (3) learn who my mate is when he comes by understanding his character and being content with him as a person. If you are willing to wait and let the Lord develop you in the area of marriage, then the picture that you have in your mind will line up with the image that God already has for you. Therefore, your picture will be perfect in His sight!

God Bless,
CG
Twitter @CMGlover05

Scriptures:
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

22 Wives, be subject (be submissive and adapt yourselves) to your own husbands as [a service] to the Lord.
33 However, let each man of you [without exception] love his wife as [being in a sense] his very own self; and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [[f]that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and [g]that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly].
Ephesians 5:22&33 (Amplified)

22 He who finds a [true] wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22 (Amplified)


14 House and riches are the inheritance from fathers, but a wise, understanding, and prudent wife is from the Lord.
Proverbs 19:14 (Amplified)

2 Fill up and complete my joy by living in harmony and being of the same mind and one in purpose, having the same love, being in full accord and of one harmonious mind and intention.
Philippians 2:2 (Amplified)


12 Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.
Jeremiah 1:12 (Amplified)


6 Do not give that which is holy (the sacred thing) to the dogs, and do not throw your pearls before hogs, lest they trample upon them with their feet and turn and tear you in pieces.
Matthew 7:6 (Amplified)






3 comments:

  1. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CHERIE!!!! WELL SAID!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete