Saturday, November 24, 2012

Adjustments



When I am growing in the things of God or just growing in my personal life I find it very uncomfortable. The truth is I don't like change. I like things to stay the same. For instance, my house was remodeled a couple of years ago. During the renovations I was complaining the entire time. I was complaining because (1) I didn't think renovations were needed. I thought the house was fine the way it was, (2) I didn’t know renovations were going to take place until the last minute, so I felt unprepared, and (3) I didn't know what the end result was going to be. However, with all of these thoughts running through my mind I had to get comfortable with the fact that change was taking place. Now, the house is complete and it is breathtaking. It was worth the adjustment that I had to make for the short amount of time it took to remodel.

Having this experience helped me realize that the change God places in my
life happens for my benefit. It helps me to become a better person. Even, if I
don't understand what God is doing from the start I have to trust and believe
that He won't lead me in the wrong direction. Being able to trust and believe
God develops with maturity. I have to be mature even when things don't
necessarily go my way. I also have to be open and understanding for God to make
the changes and get the end result.

God Bless,
CG
Twitter @CMGlover05

Scripture:

11. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)





No comments:

Post a Comment