Saturday, November 24, 2012

Trusting in Yourself...



Trusting in yourself can get you emotionally distraught, physically hurt, or even cause detriment to your life. I learned this by taking a trip to the doctor’s office. In 2009, I went to the doctor for a check-up. Since I was born with a heart murmur my physician said, “Let’s check your heart to see how it looks”. I said, “Okay” because I knew that my heart would look fine. After checking my heart she referred me to see a cardiologist to get a second opinion on what she saw. The cardiologist confirmed that they saw the same thing. Then, I received the most shocking news of my life! My physician told me that I needed to get heart surgery at the age of 27!

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I told her that I wanted a third opinion. But, she said “I am not referring you to another cardiologist!”  “You need to make the appointment to have the surgery as soon as possible!” However, I didn’t make the appointment. I took matters into my own hands and searched for another doctor that would see me without a referral. That didn’t go so well. So, I finally started praying and asking God to heal me. I decided to believe that the Lord would heal me without the surgery. But, I wasn’t at peace with that decision.

After I did all that I knew to do I finally went to get counsel from my pastor. I told him everything that I was dealing with and I decided that the Lord could heal me without the surgery. He asked me if that is how the Lord said that He would heal me.  I said, “No”. So, my pastor asked me what I believed the Lord could do for me through the surgery. I said, “If I get the surgery, then I believe for a healthy heart and a speedy recovery.” We prayed and agreed on that request.

After my surgery I received what I prayed for. I had a healthy heart and I was up and walking around earlier than expected. God is so awesome! I am so glad that my pastor had the wisdom to ask me did the Lord say that He was going to heal me without surgery.  That was a turning point for me. It meant that I had to settle everything that was in my mind, quiet my emotions, and face my fears. I had to answer that question honestly and say no. If I trusted in myself and didn’t have the surgery, God only knows where I would be today. I am so grateful that I received counsel and trusted in the Lord, because He truly knows what is best for me! Thank you God for your grace, favor, and mercy upon my life. ~Trust in the Lord!

God Bless,
CG
Twitter @CMGlover05

~Dedicated to Pastor Wm. Di'Mon Brown & First Lady, Angela Brown

Scriptures:

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5&6 (KJV)


15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who listens to counsel is wise.(C)

Proverbs 12:15 (Amplified Version)

14 Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

Proverbs 11:14 (Amplified Version)

9 A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.(D)

Proverbs 16:9 (Amplified Version)

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name,there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18:20 (KJV)


  

2 comments:

  1. Cherie,

    I am so proud of you. This blog has been a long time coming and I know it has blessed me to see the growth in your stepping out. Praying that many others will be blessed as well in seeing your openness and conviction about the truth in God's word.

    Love,

    Edwidge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, that is a testimony. A great attestation to God's power, love truth and security. Stay Secured.

    ReplyDelete