Saturday, November 24, 2012

Inside Out




I often wonder what God was thinking when He created man. I say this because when something is being created it takes time to see the finished product.  In the word in Psalm 139:13-16 (Amplified Version) it states, 13. For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well (KJV). 15. My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought  [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery]. 16. Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your  book  all the days[of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them (Amplified Version). I looked up the word knit in the dictionary to get an understanding of what that word means. This is what I found.

knit (nhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gift)
v. knit or knit·ted, knit·ting, knits
v.tr.
1. To make (a fabric or garment) by intertwining yarn or thread in a series of connected loops either by hand, with knitting needles, or on a machine.
2. To form (yarn or thread) into fabric by intertwining.
3. To join closely; unite securely.

When I think of someone knitting a garment they have to carefully stitch each section together. If they mess up and get knots or lumps in the section, then they have to do the section over again. Therefore, when I think about God knitting us together; In my mind it means He took His time making sure that every limb, every strand of hair, and every piece of our body was stitched together with tender loving care.   We read earlier that we were fearfully and wonderfully made. That means in God’s eyes we are His masterpiece’s because we were made in His image and likeness (Genesis 1:26 & 27). 

Before reading this scripture I had low self-esteem. I didn’t like my appearance.  But, after walking with God and getting delivered from a few things; I thought this issue was resolved. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. I suppressed it, but didn’t really deal with it. Therefore, it resurfaced in a different way. I am no longer insecure in the way that I look, but I was insecure in the way that people accepted me. I was always seeking approval from others. 

Now, I am in the process of getting totally delivered from this issue. I am getting healing through cd’s, books, and reading God’s word. However, I am mostly getting healing from understanding and realizing how much God loves me. As long as I have been “saved” and a Christian I thought that I knew God. But, I knew God like I know a friend. I didn’t know God in the “Yada” sense of the word. Yada is the Hebrew word for know. It means to know someone intimately. I didn’t have an intimate relationship with God. I knew what His word said, but I really didn’t let the word transform my heart and change my life. Since I have decided to be an active participant in my growth process, I am starting to see my relationship with God form and change for the better.

It is wonderful if you look great on the outside, but if your spirit man is desolate; then you won’t become all that God is calling you to be. Become an active participant with God and let Him change you from the inside out. He is an awesome Father!

God Bless,
CG
Twitter @CMGlover05


Scriptures:

  
But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Isaiah 64:8 (KJV)

26 God said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.(D)
27 So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.(E)
Genesis 1: 26&27 (Amplified Version)




  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Only if we'll continue to see ourselves how God sees us. We have believed that we're fearfully and wonderfully made but a times we tend to believe that scripture through the dictates of this world; how one should look, dress, feel, relate, respond and all the other superficial definitions this world gives us! Go Cherie, don't stop, don't look back. Run with the vision.

    ReplyDelete