Monday, January 14, 2013

Living Beyond Me



When I think about the women in the bible I think to myself, “Wow, they were really strong in different ways.” Most of them didn’t take any nonsense. One woman that stands out to me is the woman with the issue of blood.  This woman had the issue of blood for 12 years and she spent all of her money trying to find a cure for her ailment. Then, she heard that Jesus was coming to town. So, she was determined to meet him. She was taking a huge risk of going to see Jesus because she was considered unclean, due to her ailment. Those who were considered unclean were stoned to death in those times. However, that didn’t stop her from going to get what she was seeking, which was healing.

When she arrived at the place where Jesus was there were a multitude of people surrounding Him. So, the woman pushed her way through the crowd to get close enough and touched the hem of His garment. When the Lord felt His virtue leave His body, He stopped and asked, “Who touched me?!” The woman was trying to get away, but she revealed herself in shame. She told Jesus about her ailment and that she loss everything because of it. But, the Lord said, “Daughter, your faith has made you whole” (Mark 5:25-34 KJV).

In Romans 8:31 (KJV) it says, “If God is for us, who can be against us” right? However, this scripture sounds great to say, but I sometimes have difficulty applying it to my life. At times I have difficulty putting my feelings aside and running with truth. But, after reading the story about the woman with the issue of blood I am having a change of heart. I can’t imagine what she went through, but I know that she had to push aside all of her feelings of fear and anxiety to get to Jesus that day. She had to activate her faith and trust that it would give her the outcome that she was seeking. Therefore, I am choosing to live beyond me. Meaning, I am living beyond my fears, my emotions, my thoughts, my opinions, and all of the things that are trying to hinder me from moving forward in peace and obtain victory. After all the bible does say, “If God is for us, who can be against us”. That means I have the liberty of trusting God to help me get to my destination … So, what are you living beyond?

God Bless,
CG
Twitter @CMGlover05

Before you go, please click the video below to hear a song by Bandon Camphor & One Way called “Chasing”. In my opinion, it’s about trying to do things your way, but you realize that God’s plan is better for you. Therefore, you relinquish your ideas and follow the Lord. ~Live Beyond You!


Brandon Camphor & One Way is on iTunes!





Scriptures:

25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,

26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.

28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.

29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.

30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.

33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.

34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
Mark 5:25-34 (KJV)
31 What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]
32 He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely andgraciously give us all [other] things?
33 Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect [when it is] God Who justifies [that is, Who puts us in right relation to Himself? Who shall come forward and accuse or impeach those whom God has chosen? Will God, Who acquits us?]
34 Who is there to condemn [us]? Will Christ Jesus (the Messiah), Who died, or rather Who was raised from the dead, Who is at the right hand of God actually pleading as He intercedes for us?
35 Who shall ever separate us from Christ’s love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity anddistress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword?
36 Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors[m]and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things[n]impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,
39 Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:31-39 (Amplified)

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13 & 14 (KJV)







No comments:

Post a Comment