Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Keep The Light On!



For those that don’t know I had heart surgery five years ago. You can read my post
about it here. When the surgery was finished I had really sharp back pain. The doctor said it was from the strain that was on my back when they closed my chest. So, the doctor gave me morphine to ease my pain. The morphine was hooked up to the side of my bed and getting injected into my body through a tube. When I felt the pain I just clicked a button and the morphine went straight into my
body. I was in
HEAVEN when that morphine entered! I felt no more pain and I wasn’t uncomfortable anymore either. It gave me true relief! But, that relief was only temporary. It was only for a moment. I had to keep clicking that button when the pain returned.

I equate this situation to me dealing with my everyday activities. I have been looking for work and there is a specific job that I really want. I went on an interview for it two weeks ago and I was denied the position. After hearing the news I was disappointed. But, I realized that when I am in the state of
disappointment and I stay there, then it could open up a door of discouragement. So, I quickly pulled myself together and started applying to different companies.

As I applied to other jobs my joy and confidence started returning. I decided not to get defeated. In the Bible it says, Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you—rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you! (Isaiah 60:1, Amp). Since, we are the temple of God we should be radiant and shining always! When this incident happened two weeks ago, I felt my light dimming. That meant I had my light set on temporary (I turned it on and off whenever I wanted too). But, now I am choosing to keep my light on at all times! So, when people see me they will see my face LIT UP with God’s joy and peace, which is something that I CANNOT live without! It is where I draw my strength because the joy of the Lord is my strength and my stronghold (Nehemiah 8:10, Amp). Therefore, I encourage you to keep your light on no matter what is happening around you!! :)

God Bless,
CG

Please Check Out Video Above. You Will Love It & Other Posts Below:

Scriptures:

A glad heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is
broken. 
(Proverbs 15:13, Amp)

The light in the eyes [of him whose heart is joyful] rejoices the hearts of others,
and good news nourishes the bones. 
(Proverbs 15:30, Amp)

A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken
spirit dries up the bones. 
(Proverbs 17:22, Amp)

No comments:

Post a Comment